Maintaining the health and function of your teeth is one of the top priorities for any dentist. However, keeping your smile healthy is a joint effort between patient and dentist. At Chapel Hill Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, we believe preventive dental care is one of the best ways to fight against developing complex dental problems. Our team of dentist offers a comprehensive exam to check the mouth for any signs of dysfunction. If a complex dental problem is found, we provide a range of restorative, cosmetic, and general dentistry services to improve your smile. If you haven’t scheduled a recommended biannual dental exam, visit our Chapel Hill, NC dental office.
Tips For Maintaining A Healthy Smile
- Limit or avoid drinks and foods with a significant amount of sugar. If sugar isn’t properly removed from the teeth, it can begin to damage the tooth enamel and may even lead to cavities or tooth decay.
- Make sure you brush your teeth at least twice a day for two minutes a day. Brushing helps remove harmful bacteria and debris from sticking to your teeth, which can lead to cavities and tooth decay.
- Visit Chapel Hill Family and Cosmetic Dentistry at least twice a year for preventive care exams. Preventive care visit may include:
- Professional dental cleaning
- Dental x-rays
- Periodontal screening
- Dental caries (cavities) screening
- Occlusal analysis to examine the position of the bite
Catching any early signs of complex dental problems can help us achieve a more effective treatment for your smile.
- Incorporate flossing into your oral hygiene routine. Flossing removes debris and bacteria that may be hiding between the teeth. Cavities and tooth decay can form between the teeth and may be harder to notice. Incorporating flossing into your routine can minimize the chance of developing cavities and tooth decay.
Visit Our Chapel Hill, NC Dentist Office
Our Chapel Hill, NC dental office is home to a team of compassionate, highly trained dentists who are dedicated to providing comprehensive, patient-focused dental care. If you haven’t scheduled a preventive care exam, contact our office for the dental care you need.
The post Maintaining A Healthy Smile appeared first on Chapel Hill Family and Cosmetic Dentistry.